He’s boosted! I’m boosted! You often hear those lines from streamers or other gamers when somebody makes a bad play in high ranks. But what does being boosted actually mean? What is ELO boosting? Is it good or bad? Is it even allowed? If you want to know everything about ELO boosting, then you are at the right place.
What is ELO Boosting?
Elo Boosting or MMR Boosting is the act of hiring or making someone with a higher rank ( the Booster) play with a lower-ranked (the Boostee) player to elevate his/her rank. In simpler terms, ELO boosting is making a stronger player carry you out of your rank. For example, a hard stuck Bronze player can hire a Diamond player to log into his account and play ranked.
Riot also called this MMR Boosting. “While it is generally accepted that the intent of this is to improve the Boostee’s MMR, any ranked game played by someone that is not the original creator of the account may be considered Boosting and as a result may be eligible for punishment”, Riot said.
Is Elo Boosting Considered Bad?
Though it isn’t illegal and it isn’t a hack, ELO Boosting can affect the gameplay and matchmaking experience of other players negatively. Here are some of the negative impacts of boosting on the game.
- League’s matchmaking system was designed to pit players against others who relatively have the same skill level as them. This is what MMR or Matchmaking Rating is for. Unnaturally boosting your MMR will put you against players way better than you. Boosting is only temporary glory as you won’t be able to maintain your rank against players that are out of your league.
- ELO Boosting has a negative effect on both the Boostee and those they will play against. A Boostee’s allies will get a free win while their opponents will unjustly lose to a player who isn’t supposed to be playing in their rank.
- Boosted players will also ruin the game for their teammates. Since they aren’t used to playing in high ELO, they will naturally perform inferior to the players there. The Booster will either feed or be a liability for the team. That is what they call a “Boosted Animal”.
- ELO Boosting messes up the game for the Boostee and everyone they will play with.
- Climbing the ladder takes time, hard work, and commitment. It’s not easy to hone your skills and get those precious League Points. ELO Boosting takes away the value of all that and disrespects other players who put in their sweat and tears to the game.
- Boosting also puts the Boostee’s account security at risk. This act requires the Boostee to give their account details and login information to the booster. Some players who hired a booster hoping to raise their rank gave their account only to find it stolen or sold to other players. Don’t give your login information to anyone else, period.
Are There Punishments For ELO Boosting?
Riot will not let such an act go unpunished. If an account is caught involved in ELO Boosting, both the Booster and the Booster will be subject to the following penalties:
- 2 Week Account Suspension in League of Legends
- Your Honor will drop to level 0. Honor unlocks some time after your penalty as long as you’re showing signs of progress
- Exclusion from receiving the current season’s Ranked Rewards
- Second-time offenders will be permanently banned from League of Legends
Where To Find ELO Boosters?
If you still want to go try ELO Boosting, even after knowing all that, there are tons of professionals who offer their services. Of course, they require payment. But if you want to find trusted and skilled boosters, here is a legitimate website.
They offer boosting services from players that are at least DIamond in rank and are anonymous as boosters. They strictly prohibit chatting with the boostee’s friends, so no one would discover that somebody else is boosting their account. Of course, they also have Challenger boosters for players in higher ELO.
They can boost your account a division higher per day and their services come at reasonable prices. By using their website, you eliminate the risk of having your account stolen and you get reliable service that would guarantee your account is properly boosted.
If you are a player with a high ranking you can apply as a Booster too. If you are at least Diamond V, you can be hired for the “Junior Position” and “Senior Position” if you are Diamond 1 or higher.
Remember that we are not endorsing ELO boosting. The choice is completely up to you and you must do so at your own risk. There are a lot of other convenient services that are offered for League of Legends players looking to elevate their game. Whether it’s smurf accounts, MMR checker, or the most helpful guides, we got it all.